In a survey of U.S. adults with employer-sponsored health benefits, 56 percent said that a key factor in deciding to stay at their current job was whether or not they liked their health coverage. 46 percent said in choosing their current job, health insurance with either the deciding factor or a positive influence.
Choosing a group plans can:
- Save on personal health care costs
- Increase tax deductions
- Boost job satisfaction
- Provide wellness benefits, including onsite screening and online tools for employees
Group health plans can also provide:
- Consumer driven health care options including Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs)
- Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Accounts (ICHRAs)
An accident plan is an inexpensive, valuable supplement to your individual or group health insurance. Regardless of whether you have a low or high deductible these benefits are paid directly to you, separate from any other insurance you may carry.
Similarly, cancer insurance could provide you peace of mind if a family member is given a serious diagnosis. Cancer treatment costs present a significant financial burden for almost all patients. Basic health insurance alone would likely not be enough to cover them. Cancer insurance is conceptually simple, but must be researched carefully. Consider aspects such as under what conditions the policy pays benefits, if payment is lump-sum or daily, and if there is a waiting period. You should also note if a plan covers inpatient and outpatient treatment, along with travel expenses.
Critical illness insurance is also designed to help you avoid the financial strain that a major illness can create. Critical Illness insurance provides a lump-sum payment upon the diagnosis of a critical illness or condition which can be used to pay for expenses such as a mortgage payment or travel costs. While the list of critical illnesses varies based upon company policy, many include heart attack, stroke, cancer, end-stage renal failure and multiple sclerosis. Unlike disability insurance, you don’t need to be employed to purchase critical illness insurance.
Group life insurance is a fundamental component to the overall benefits program offered by your business because the majority of your employees will carry little or no life insurance on their own.
Term Life provides a work-based group life insurance foundation that offers your employees and their dependents a cost-effective financial safety net in their time of need. Coverage options include:
- Basic and supplemental term life
- Dependent term life
- Voluntary life
- Universal life
By providing for these basic health insurance needs, an employer can ensure that their employees are healthier and happier – often with fewer absences from work. Offering these basic benefits will also keep your business relevant in today’s competitive recruiting market.
The majority of dental insurance divides dental care into 3 service categories: preventive, basic, and major. The percentage of the cost that insurance covers is determined by the service category. For example, insurance may pay 80% of the cost of a service considered basic care, and the patient would pay for the remaining 20% of the cost.
Vision benefits make it easier and more affordable for your employees and their family members to get much-needed eye care. With the effects of aging and the increase of screen usage, vision correction is becoming more important. Vision insurance is now a must-have not only to keep employee' eyesight sharp, but also to gain and retain top talent.
Graber & Associates has many options to choose from for group dental and vision care, including employer paid and voluntary options.
In today’s economy, more people are mindful of the detrimental aftermath that could result from losing some or all of their income. It’s now crucial to plan for the “what ifs” in life.
Long-term disability income insurance might be right for you if…
- You have the resources to cover your living expenses for the first few months of a disability
- You want long-term, total benefits that would cover disability from an accident or sickness
- You prefer additional benefit options which you can modify to meet your unique coverage needs
Short-term disability income insurance might be right for you if…
- You want immediate coverage beginning the first day of your disability
- You need coverage only until your employer-provided disability insurance would begin paying benefits
- You’re interested in protection that is portable, not connected to your employer
- You are willing to accept a benefit period that is shorter, in order to keep your premium as low as possible
Graber & Associates has many options to guard against those “what ifs.” Contact an agent about disability plans, including employer paid and voluntary products.