Get Out and RUN!
Running clears your mind and strengthens your heart, all the while burning (lots of) calories. It’s summertime, which translates to long days and warm nights, both perfect times to go running. boa site down . In fact, running is one of the simplest exercises because all you need is a good pair of shoes and — for the ladies — a good sports bra. After that, you’re set to go!
If you need more motivation, you may want to consider grabbing a few friends and signing up for a mile-long or even a 5K run. Throughout the Midwest, 5K races are easy to come by, and many of them happen over the weekends. Here’s a list to get you started.
A few tips if you’re just starting out:
– Remember that you will be doing more walking than running at first. That’s OK!
– Some soreness is normal, but if you are experience more extreme pain, make sure to increase your stretching habits before and after your exercise.
– Don’t let low motivation get you down! Ever! Any exercise is better than none.
– Don’t let your mind talk you out of it. You can and will reach your goals!
– When you reach your goal, don’t forget to celebrate! It will motivate you to do more!