Daily body detox ideas
A detoxification program could be just what your body needs. But if you’re not ready to commit to planning of a full-body detox just yet, here’s a list of little daily detoxes that can make a difference too.
- Drink hot lemon water or tea, especially in the morning. This helps to clear
- Inversions reverse the flow of gravity and stimulate the lymphatic system. They also help remove impurities from your blood stream. Try doing a handstand or prop your legs against a wall.
- Avoid refined sugars, processed foods, alcohol, and caffeine as they will gum up your system and prevent smooth digestion.
- Take vitamin C, which spurs the body to produce glutathione, a liver compound that eliminates toxins.
- Drink at least two quarts of water a day.
- Dry body brush head-to-toe, using long strides toward the heart. This will activate the lymphatic system, stimulate blood circulation, and thus enhance toxin elimination.
- Scrape your tongue to dislodge bacteria and food deposits that can coat your tongue and then be absorbed back into the blood stream the next time you eat or drink.
- Eat fiber including brown rice, fruits, and veggies. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
- Sweat in a sauna and your body will eliminate waste through perspiration.
- Get a body massage to increase blood circulation, stimulate the lymphatic system, and remove toxic build-up.
- Try hydrotherapy by alternating between hot and cold water in the shower (try one minute of hot, followed by 30 seconds of cold, and repeat). The relaxing hot water will cause your blood vessels to expand. The stimulating cold water will cause your blood vessels to constrict. This alternation of hot and cold water stimulates circulation, decreases inflammation, and removes wastes from tissues.
But why bother to do any of this? Because more toxins than ever surround you in your daily life, and you could be combating the fatigue, irritated skin, bloating, allergies, puffy eyes, and mental fogginess that these toxins cause. Start by challenging yourself to make even just a couple of these changes. Your body will thank you!